Our History


Parishioners from St. John’s Church next door founded Christ Lutheran in 1922. The founders wished to worship in English, rather than German, which was practiced at St. John’s at the time. The old church’s construction began in 1924. It was expanded in 1964, and again in 2006. In the tornadoes of April 27, 2011, the old church was tragically destroyed.


Ground was broken again for a new church in June 2012, and was completed a year later. During the rebuilding process, our congregation worshiped at Sacred Heart Benedictine Monastery in Cullman. Since the completion of our beautiful new building, our congregation has experienced a renewal in the call to serve Christ and others.




Comments